Wednesday, September 12, 2018

On Solitude and Introspection:

9/12/20

A little of both goes a long way...

Some of us, at least consciously, glide through life with little self-doubt and virtually no self-deprecation...then there are those of us who, without distractions to disengage us from the voyage, are in a perpetual state of "if only I had done"...

Among those diseased with inferiority complex, there are two common subsets--the Trumps..the braggadocious blowhards who think their own voice can drown out the demons...and the furiously-softspoken who have come to accept...even desire...the self-consumptive feasting on one's ego...

I have been without my wife for a week now...without her 24/7 presence in my home if not my heart...I have come to realize how much I rely on her to intercede with "Rick The Prick"--the doppleganger who keeps appearing to chastise me for past failures and past successes--and spare me from the tiring dialogue.

She returns tonight.  I really must straighten up the house and kick Rick to the curb...

1 comment:

  1. She's coming home and peace will prevail. She loves you Richard, you are her rock, things will be better. ❤❤❤❤❤��❤��������������������❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete